The Human Right To Health & Safe Food is a National Campaign of WILPF-US Section — Women’s International League for Peace & Freedom (www.wilpfus.org) It is designed to facilitate community education and activism, to inform the public about the dangers of toxic herbicides being used indiscriminately on food crops throughout the United States of America.
Check out Feed The World’s video documentary trailer: HERE.
“Glyphosate = Probable Carcinogen”
Click HERE to read about The World Health Organization’s description of Glyphosate as “probably carinogenic to humans”!
WHAT’S THE BIG PROBLEM WITH GLYPHOSATE?
Toxic herbicide GLYPHOSATE, an active ingredient in Roundup, has been found in the breast milk of nursing mothers and in urine collected from people living far from the sites where Roundup is applied to crops.
This means that it is IN OUR FOOD supply, on food crops, in processed foods of all kinds, including pediatric and feeding supplements for the most vulnerable children, the elderly, and people with compromised immune systems. Monsanto tells us that Glyphosate does not accumulate in our bodies, but the research being conducted does not back up their statements. Only organically grown, Non GMO (genetically modified) food and food products are free from glyphosate and other toxic herbicides.
How dangerous is GLYPHOSATE? There is no conclusive evidence that shows causality, BUT Glyphosate has been linked in studies throughout the world with serious and life-threatening birth defects, kidney disease, cancers, and it has been shown to be an endocrine disruptor. These research papers are rejected by Monsanto as unsound science. But following the Precautionary Principle, a growing number of European and other nations have banned GMO crops and crops sprayed with Glyphosate.
HOW CAN FOOD IN AMERICA BE DANGEROUS to the public?
Why aren’t our government agencies, the US Department of Agriculture and the Environmental Protection Agency, protecting ordinary Americans from these dangerous chemicals?
Why do farmers continue to use these dangerous chemicals?
Why does mainstream media not report on these dangers?
This website is aimed at educating the public about the dangers of these unsustainable methods of farming and weed control and toxic chemicals being approved by our government with NO independent testing. That’s right. The USDA and EPA do not do their OWN independent testing of these chemicals and crops. Instead they rely on Monsanto and other extremely profitable transnational corporations to conduct all tests for safety. We believe this is wrong and dangerous and bends science to the service of corporate profits.
WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT? Use this website to
- Read more and educate yourself, using our ARTICLES & STUDIES pages.
- Education your community, using reprints of ARTICLES and our DOWNLOADABLE/PRINTABLE INFOGRAPHIC CARD.
- Advocate for safer more sustainable farming methods by using our SAMPLE LETTERS to create a letter-writing campaign in your community.
- Advocate for SAFER WEED CONTROL IN MUNICIPAL SETTINGS, in and around your town’s grounds keeping and landscape maintenance.
- Learn about more SUSTAINABLE WEED CONTROL methods YOU can use in your own gardens and lawns.
- ORGANIZE around your state with other like minded individuals who want to work on this issue.
- Use our COMMUNITY SURVEY to educate yourself and engage your neighbors.
- TEST YOURSELF. Order Test Kits to test your water for Glyphosate. Or test your own urine or breast milk.
- Use our TOOLS to Advocate at Grocery Stores for more Organic Options.
- Sign on to PETITIONS being circulated by our colleagues and partners.
We’re here to help. Contact us at Info@righttohealthcampaign.org.